The A60 Access point provides WiFi networking for your OrderPad/s. Whether your restaurant is big or small, the CAKE A60 Access Point scales to your need. We make it easy – just plug the access point into the network and you’ll be up and running in no time.
What You’ll Need:
1. CAKE A60 Access Point
2. Power-over-Ethernet Injector
3. Ethernet/Network Cable of appropriate length (not included)
1) First, determine a mounting scheme that is most convenient for you. Watch one of the videos below if you need some assistance.
a) A Series Installation: Solid Wall or Ceiling
b) A Series Installation: T-Rail Ceiling
c) A Series Installation: Outdoor wall or pole
2) Unbox the Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) Injector and the CAKE Access Point.
3) Plug one end of the provided power cable (figure 1) into the PoE injector and the other end into an available power socket.
4) The first network cable should run from your router (or network switch) to the PoE Injector into the “Data/IN” labeled port (figure 2).
5) Plug one end of the second network cable into the PoE injector port labeled “P+D/OUT” (figure 2) and the other end into the CAKE Access Point (figure 3).
6) The CAKE Access Point will power on and configure itself. This process could take up to 10 minutes.
Note: The device will do an initial firmware upgrade between 1-2am and the Wi-Fi will not be available for these 5-10 minutes. All subsequent future updates will occur during that time period. If you wish to change this time period please contact CAKE Support.
7) Once the configuration is complete, you can connect the OrderPad to the Wi-Fi using the following credentials:
a) Network Name = Your Merchant ID (e.g. c0020-28191001)
b) Password = cake + Your CAKE PIN (e.g. cake24680)