CAKE Access Point
CAKE Access point provides WiFi networking for your OrderPad/s. Whether your restaurant is big or small, the CAKE Access Point scales to your need. We make it easy – just plug the access point into the network and you’ll be up and running in no time.
What You’ll Need:
1. CAKE Access Point
2. Power-over-Ethernet Injector
3. Ethernet/Network Cable of appropriate length (not included)
1) First, determine a mounting scheme that is most convenient to you. Watch the video below if you need some assistance.
a) If mounting the access point outdoors it is recommended to purchase the Open-Mesh MR Series Outdoor Enclosure available online using this link - Open-Mesh MR Series.
b) Watch this video for guidance on installing the Outdoor Enclosure:
2) Unbox the Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) Injector and the CAKE Access Point.
3) Plug one end of the provided power cable (figure 1) into the PoE injector and the other end into an available power socket.
4) The first network cable should run from your router (or network switch) to the PoE Injector into the “Data/IN” labeled port (figure 2).
5) Plug one end of the second network cable into the PoE injector port labeled “P+D/OUT” (figure 2) and the other end into the CAKE Access Point (figure 3).
6) The CAKE Access Point will power on and configure itself. This process could take up to 10 minutes.
Note: The device will do an initial firmware upgrade between 1-2am and the Wi-Fi will not be available for these 5-10 minutes. All subsequent future updates will occur during that time period. If you wish to change this time period please contact CAKE Support.
7) Once the configuration is complete, you can connect the OrderPad to the Wi-Fi using the following credentials:
a) Network Name = Your Merchant ID (e.g. c0020-28191001)
b) Password = cake + Your CAKE PIN (e.g. cake24680)