This guide provides an overview of the storage process for all Poindus POS machines which are now deemed as EOL or End Of Life:
Dismantlement of Poindus (HD, MSR)
- Using the power drill, unscrew the MSR from the POS
- Using the power drill, unscrew the Hard Drive from the POS
MSR and HD Storage
- There are boxes marked specifically for Poindus attachments. Please see the screenshots below and place the hardware in the appropriate box
Updating CAKE_ Orders & Inbound Shipments (New G-docs)
- Scan the serial number found on the back of the POS
- Update the list with the number of the shipping box as shown below
Create Shipment Box
- Number the Box according to the last box shipped. Each box number should start with: TOEOL...
- Place bubble wrap in the box and pack four registers inside
- Make sure the box can close with no bulge at the top. Securely tape the top of the box
Storage Of Completed Boxes
- Place box near Tech Ops room next to the other boxes ready for shipping.
- Stack with like kind as there may be Refurbished or RMA POS nearby
*Important To Remember*
- Imperative that all Poindus POS boxed for shipping have been entered into the Google Spreadsheet for tracking.
- Ensure all Poindus POS have no remaining MSR and HDD attached
- Must have four to a box with adequate shipping wrap. Top of box must be flat to prevent stacking issues.
- If the POS has not been processed, please process the returned hardware according to the Replacement Hardware RWC Process. Please review the link below for instructions: