Unbox the Impact Printer. Begin by loading the ink ribbon cassette provided in the box into the front of the printer by lifting the lid, tightening the ribbon prior to install, and pushing in the cassette until it clicks. Tighten the ribbon again to ensure it is taut and close the front lid.
Install a roll of regular (non-thermal) printer paper by opening the rear lid and placing the roll of paper in in so that it rolls towards the rear of the printer. Close the lid. (Additional Impact Paper is not provided, please make sure to purchase a supply with the following specifications: 3in x 165ft 1-Ply Bond Paper)
Connect an Ethernet cable to the LAN port on the back of the Printer (#1). Connect the other end to any yellow-orange port on the CAKE Router (#2), or to any port on a Network Switch (if using one) that is connected to the CAKE Router. Plug the power supply into the printer and turn on using the switch on the back.
How to configure the Epson impact receipt printer's IP Address
Please note that if you have any difficulty performing these steps, you should reach out to our Support team.
1. Using an Ethernet cable, connect the printer to a computer (desktop or notebook)
2. Turn on the printer.
3. On the computer you will need to configure the Ethernet connection to the same IP range as the printer. The stock IP address of the Epson TM-U220 Printer is: 192.168.192.168 So, the computer’s network port should be configured to 192.168.192.100
4. Open an internet browser (Explorer, FireFox, Safari, etc.) and enter the Printer’s IP address into the web address bar to log into it. Printer IP should be: 192.168.192.168
5. Go to the “Network” category on the printer’s config page. Under the sub category “TCP/IP” you will be given a page listing several fields. Find the field named “IP Address” and enter the Leapset Printer IP of : 10.10.10.XX (the "XX" will need to be set to the desired printer location. ie: Kitchen = 10.10.10.40, etc.)
Self Test is a SEPARATE function. To perform a Self-Test:
- Leave printer powered on
- On the back of the unit, near the Ethernet port, there is a hole big enough for a pen to fit in. Locate that hole.
- While printer is on, press and hold a pen within that hole.
- Remove printed sheet which will have the self test information listed.